Is there a way for me to copy an entire database in cPanel?
- Go to cPanel > MySQL Databases and Create a New Database with the name you want.
- Go to phpMyAdmin and in the left menu click the original database you want to copy (do not click on any tables inside).
- Look to the top tabs and choose Operations.
- Enter the new database name (full name e.g. username_databasename) next to Copy database to: and uncheck "CREATE DATABASE before copying". Only "Structure and data" should be selected.
- Note: You cannot use Rename database to: because you cannot create databases in phpMyAdmin.
- Click the GO button in the same box.
Or you can open a support ticket with the details, and our administrators will do it.
Is there a way for me to copy an entire database from another server?
You will need to export the original database, and import to a new database.
How to export?
- Go to existing database in phpMyAdmin
- Click Export at the top
- Leave the settings as they are, click the "Save as file" checkbox and click Go
- This will download a .sql file to your computer
How can I import a database?
- Create a new database in cPanel
- Go to phpMyAdmin
- Click the new database name in the top left
- Click Import in the main area of phpMyAdmin
- Browse for the .sql file on your computer and click Go
Note: phpMyAdmin will timeout after 30 seconds of attempting to import.
Is there a way to rename a database?
Unfortunately, the only way to rename a database is to copy it to a new, empty database with the desired name.